WE ARE OPEN
Updated 30 November 2021
The Wallace Collection is now open daily from 10.00–17.00. You do not need a ticket for entry to the permanent collection.
Here's what you need to know about visiting us:
- Our current opening hours are 10.00–17.00 daily.
- You can download the free Bloomberg Connects app to access a digital guide to the Collection and to explore selected objects through audio commentary.
- Please be aware that parts of the museum may be closed due to ongoing building works, maintenance and controlling visitor flow. The Billiard Room will remain closed until the completion of the relighting project at the end of February.
- The following works are currently not on view due to their involvement in other projects and exhibitions: Perseus and Andromeda, Titian (1485–1576); A Dance to the Music of Time, Nicolas Poussin (1594–1665) and The Laughing Cavalier, Frans Hals (1582/3–1666).
- We are currently offering short highlights tours of the Great Gallery at 14.30 on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. These are free and will last 30 minutes. Places are strictly limited to ten and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Visitors can reserve their place on these tours at the front entrance.
- We are not currently permitting external guided tours of the museum or large group bookings. However, if you are a school and would like to visit, please contact our Learning team to organise a facilitated visit.
- The Café and Restaurant are open.
- The shop is open and taking contactless/card payments only.
- The Wallace Collection Library and Archives is now open by appointment only. Find out more about accessing it.
- The toilets, including an accessible toilet with a baby change station, are open and are being cleaned more regularly.
- Seating is available throughout the museum. If you would also like a folding stool, please pick one up at the entrance at the start of your visit.
- There is one disabled space available, which can be reserved in advance by contacting our Security team. There are two parking spaces for Blue Badge holders on Manchester Square and others in nearby streets.
- The cloakroom is not open, so do not bring anything you cannot carry with you around the museum, and only small bags or handbags will be permitted.
- Bikes cannot be taken into the museum and no storage is available. However, there are free bicycle racks available outside the museum near the entrance, though bikes are left there at the owner's own risk.
To help us keep you and our team safe, please note:
- Our staff may be wearing face coverings for everyone’s safety.
- The wearing of face coverings is mandatory in the shop and encouraged in the rest of the museum.
- Follow any instructions given to you by our staff.
- Use hand sanitiser when available.
- Only use the lift if you have mobility issues or have a pushchair.
In accordance with government guidelines, please do not visit if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. You can find out more about the current guidelines on the gov.uk website. We have been accredited with the UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark for adherence to government and public health guidance on COVID-19 safety, so we are Good To Go. You can also view our risk assessment. We have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 — view our self assessment.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Wallace Collection, but if you're not quite ready to come back and visit us yet, we will continue to share inspiring stories about the Collection on our social media channels and our website. You can follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You can also stay connected to the Collection by attending one of our online events or joining as a member.