Studio session on Monday 20 July 2020. For home-educated students aged 12-16. BOOK FROM MAY 2020.
Duration 4.5 hours (10:30-3:30pm.)
(Please note that on Monday 20 July, we will also be running a Knight or Foot Soldier session for students aged 7-11. Duration 1.5 hour (10:30-12:00).
By studying fine examples of sculpture, examining the form, function and techniques used in creating medals and other relief sculptures, students will find inspiration for their own sculptural work. Students will:
- Learn sculptural techniques, including moulding and casting using alginate and plaster
- Make a relief sculpture.
- This workshop involves messy materials. Please bring 1 cardboard shoe box for every 5 students to take the sculptures back to school.
- Parents/carers are welcome to accompany students to the workshops, but only students of the specified age will be permitted – children of other ages must be taken elsewhere, and you can explore the galleries at leisure with trails.
- Sessions are free, but a £10 per student deposit will be taken upon booking, and refunded upon attendance of the workshop. Cancellation with less than 14 days’ notice will mean a refund is forfeit.
- For workshops that involve messy materials, accompanying adults will be expected to assist.