- Year created: c. 1480
- Creator: Possibly Ulrich Rämbs
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Weight: 27.161kg (man's armour); 30.07kg (horse's armour); 10.17kg (mail)
- Collection: Arms and Armour
- Gallery: European Armoury II
This impressive equestrian armour embodies the splendour and power of the medieval knight.
The horse is a very fast and very strong animal; trained for war and almost completely armoured in hardened steel plates, it becomes a fearsome weapon.
European armour of any kind dating from before the sixteenth century is extremely uncommon, but near-complete horse armour is rarer still. In fact there are only three in the world, including this one.