Welcome to Wallace Live, the Wallace Collection online, a database that will eventually contain information on every work of art in the Wallace Bequest.
Most famous for our old master paintings and 18th century French porcelain and furniture, the collection also includes one of the finest collection of princely arms and armour in Britain as well as gold boxes, miniatures, sculpture and Medieval and Renaissance works of art such as maiolica, glass and Limoges enamels.
Not sure where to start? Select a topic from our ‘Quick Find’ list or browse featured works of art in Gallery by Gallery to the left. Alternatively take an Insight Tour, also to the left, or view Highlights from the link above.
You can perform simple searches using the search box above or click on Advanced Search to enter more detailed requests. To search for and browse information on artists and makers represented in the collection click on Artists / Makers to the left. The Portfolio feature allows you to gather together selections of works of art from different searches to view or print as a single list.
Wallace Live does not yet contain every work of art in the Wallace Bequest. We are adding new records and images on a regular basis and are aiming to have 80% of the collection online by 2011. The remaining 20% comprises Oriental Arms and Armour, subject of a comprehensive cataloguing and photography project during 2010-2013.
Unfortunately we do not yet possess a digital image of every work in the collection. However we are making every effort to ensure that where an image exists it is available on Wallace Live. At present you will find images derived from a number of sources ranging from black and white images scanned from historic glass plate negatives to high quality new photography. As our Photography Project progresses images are being added or replaced in so that in time the entire collection will be illustrated with contemporary colour photographs.
Information and images and may be used for personal and educational use. View Copyright and Reproduction for full details. For details of commercial reproduction see Images and Reproduction Rights for Publication. To order images for reproduction visit the Wallace Collection Picture Library pages Images and Photography.
To comment on Wallace Live please use our feedback form .
The Wallace Collection does not provide valuations on objects, either those in its collections or those owned by others. To submit an enquiry regarding works of art in the collection email email@example.com .