Originally established as a research library for curatorial staff, the Wallace Collection Visitors’ Library is now a reference library for viewing printed books and archival material.
Prior to visiting:
Access is by appointment only via: email or telephone 020 7563 9528 or 020 7563 9536
- Pre-booking material is strongly recommended as the majority of material is stored away from the reading room (see below for details of pre-ordering)
- Allow at least 48 hours for fetching
- No more than 10 books can be pre-ordered
- No more than 5 archival documents/files can be pre-ordered
- Additional material can be ordered from library staff in the Visitors’ Library
- Only pencils may be used in the when handling archives and rare books, and food and drink are strictly forbidden
- Photographic I.D. must be shown on arrival (e.g. driver’s licence, student card, passport)
Please deposit coats and large bags in the cloak room (to the left of the front entrance). The Library is located on the lower ground floor which can be accessed by stairs or lift. Please knock on the Library door for attention and sign the Visitors’ Book on entrance. N.B. By signing the Visitors’ Book, readers are agreeing to abide by the Visitors’ Library Regulations.
Visitors’ Library facilities:
- Wireless internet access is available via a password from library staff
- Laptops may be plugged into power points provided at desks
- JSTOR and Lugt's Repertoire online are available via the Visitors' Library computers
- Current sale catalogues and recent periodicals are available to browse
- Photocopying (charges apply) and scanning are available on application to library staff
- Readers are permitted to use cameras to take photographs of material but must first sign a permissions form
Further information on pre-booking material:
Items can be ordered via email or through our online catalogue.
Creating and sending lists of records:
- Select the records from your search results by ticking the boxes on the left
- Click on ‘Saved Marked Records’ at the bottom of the list
- Click on ‘Export Saved’ at the top of the list
- In the new window showing ‘Your List of Saved Records’, you will need to mark again, by ticking the boxes, the records you want to send
- Enter the following e-mail address in the box provided: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on ‘Submit’
N.B. When ordering material in this way you must also make an appointment directly with library staff, either by email or telephone, as a list of pre-ordered material does not include the sender’s name.