The Wallace Collection Archives are divided into several categories. The main sequence, AR2, is the historical collection.
PDF of the Archives Index typescript (6.8MB PDF)
The Historical Collection (AR2):
- Files on the Founders of the Collection, their purchases (sometimes including receipts) and their interactions with key figures of their times
- Visitors’ books
- Files on the history of the Museum, from Lady Wallace’s bequest in 1897 to 1999
- ‘Information Files’ collected on the history of the Collection and of the Museum since 1999.
Trustees and former Directors files (not indexed)
- A selection of Sèvres Porcelain factory records on microfilms, circa 1745-1819
- French Royal Inventories (Journal du Garde-Meuble) 1666-1792 - microfilms of archives from the Archives nationales
- French Royal Gifts, 1669-1791 - microfilms
Administrative records, 1897-1979 (AR1):
Kept at the National Archives at Kew