This website contains copyrighted materials and works. Copyright in all materials and works contained within this website remains with the Trustees of the Wallace Collection.
Using the Wallace Collection website
The contents of this website are published for your enjoyment. You may freely access and store the majority of the website’s contents on a temporary basis for the purposes of personal or private viewing, interaction or listening.
Reproducing content from the Wallace Collection website
Website content that is the Wallace Collection copyright may be reproduced for the non-commercial purposes of research, private study, criticism and review, or for limited circulation within an educational establishment (such as a school, college or university).
The following uses of Wallace Collection copyright content are also permitted, except where other terms apply:
- Reproducing the Wallace Collection copyright content for non-commercial research, private study, criticism and review, or for the purposes of teaching and instruction within an educational establishment. Where any artworks are published, the source of the content must be identified and the copyright status of the content acknowledged, e.g. ‘© The Wallace Collection’;
- Limited quotation of the Wallace Collection copyright texts or transcripts, for non-commercial research, private study, criticism and review, or use within an educational establishment, with due acknowledgement and citation. Where any text content is published, the author and/or source of the content must be identified and the copyright status of the content acknowledged, e.g. ‘© The Wallace Collection’;
- Reproducing the Wallace Collection copyright content for the purposes of an educational examination, by a recognised UK exam authority;
- Downloading the Wallace Collection copyright audio and video content for non-commercial offline listening or viewing;
- Downloading and printing of the Wallace Collection copyright learning content for non-commercial educational use;
- Embedding links to the Wallace Collection audio and video content, where embedding is offered;
- Reusing content published under a Creative Commons licence under the terms of the licence specified
- Embedding or loading the Wallace Collection news feeds (RSS).
However, the following acts are not permitted in respect of any of the content featured on the Wallace Collection’s website:
- Reproduction of website content for commercial purposes, or any rental, leasing or lending of content obtained or derived from the website;
- Any use of the Wallace Collection’s logo, brand identities or Wallace Collection’s trademarks without prior consent from the Wallace Collection;
- Any considerable public dissemination, display or hosting of website content via any third-party platforms, including without limitation, the substantial or repeated extraction and/or storage of the Wallace Collection’s website content in any retrieval system, or inclusion in any other computer program or work;
- Reproduction of the Wallace Collection’s website content on any social media platforms, except where other terms allow;
- Inaccurate or distorted reproductions, colour treatments, alterations or adaptations of website content, except where other terms allow;
- Publication of any unauthorised translations or transcriptions of website content, except where other terms allow;
- False attribution of authorial or copyright credits, and the removal of any Wallace Collection metadata from digital file formats;
- Unauthorised text/data mining of website content and metadata.
If you wish to reproduce our images in any other way, you will need to contact the Picture Library to obtain permission in advance.
For further information, please contact the Picture Library by telephone on 020 7563 9534, by fax on 020 7224 2155, or by email.
Notice & Take-down Policy
Please contact us in the event that you are the owner of the copyright or related rights in any of the material on this website, or in a publication or broadcast to which The Wallace Collection has provided material from its collections, and you believe that the material may be subject to a third party ownership or another legal claim, or you believe that use of this material infringes your intellectual property or any other rights.
We will withdraw the material from our website 24 hours of receipt of your written objection and our initial verification of your complaint, while the matter is investigated. Your objection will be acknowledged within seven working days of receipt.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material you believe has made the infringement and where you found it.
- Proof or statement that you are the rights holder.
Please send your query to the Picture Library and it will be dealt with as soon as possible.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information and copyright of material on this website, any and all liability which might arise from your use of and reliance on the information contained on the website is excluded.