In order to safeguard the Collection and to serve the needs of all our visitors, the Trustees ask all visitors to observe the following regulations:
1. It is not permitted to touch the works of art, to smoke, or to consume refreshments inside Hertford House.
2. Photography for personal use is permitted within the galleries. The use of tripods and flash is not allowed. No photography is permitted of temporary exhibitions or of items on loan to the Wallace Collection. Any other photographic requests by appointment only.
3. Mobile telephones should be set to silent when inside Hertford House.
4. Refreshments may be taken in the Courtyard Restaurant.
5. No bags larger than A3 size (297 mm x 420 mm) may be taken into the Galleries of Hertford House.
6. Anyone unwilling to hand in depositable bags and other items will not be permitted to enter Hertford House.
7. The Wallace Collection reserves the right to search any bag, parcel or receptacle brought into or leaving the building.
8. Motorcycle and bicycle helmets must be removed before entering Hertford House and left in the cloakroom.
9. Prams and pushchairs are permitted in the Galleries, however we regret that double buggies may not be taken into the Galleries and must be deposited at the Cloakroom.
10. The doors of the House may have to be closed at any time for security reasons; visitors will then be unable to leave until the emergency is ended.
11. Parking is not permitted within the Forecourt of Hertford House.
12. No work of art may be brought into Hertford House without permission from Security Staff; no work of art may be removed from the House without a pass signed by a Curator.
13. All visitors to areas not normally open to the public are required to wear a visitors' pass and be escorted by a member of staff. No person may remain in Hertford House after closing time without the permission of the Director or her representative.
14. Prior notification is required from all visiting parties; numbers are limited to twenty-five in any one gallery. All groups must be supervised.
15. Official Wallace Collection lecturers or booked school groups have precedence over external groups.
16. Sketching is permitted in a dry medium; sharpening blades/knives, easels, brushes, glues, paints and water are not permitted.
17. Security Staff may ask any visitor to leave who causes annoyance to others or who is considered liable to endanger the works of art.
18. CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) is in operation for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety. The CCTV system is controlled by the Wallace Collection.
For further information contact 020 7563 9525.