Information for members of the public requesting email advice from Wallace Collection staff. Wallace Collection staff are pleased to offer opinions on works of art brought to their attention subject to the following conditions:
E-mail Requests for Information
- It is contrary to the practice of the Wallace Collection to give valuations, to assist in the disposal of private property, or to express opinion regarding the merits of business firms.
- In no circumstances will an exception be made.
- The museum accepts no legal or other responsibility for any opinion that may be expressed on objects that staff have brought to their attention.
- Opinions are expressed only to the owner of an object, or to the owner's representative.
- No object held on approval for purchase can be commented on.
- Staff are entitled to refuse to express an opinion and can do so without giving a reason